- Wellness Coarse
- Fri, March 20, 2020, 18:30 h - Sat, March 21, 2020, 16:45 h
Good day military community:
If you are interested in this event, please reply to this email.
Wellness Weekend featuring Inter-Comm
A course to improve communications in daily relationships
At Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, London
Conveniently located on the 401, close to the 402
- Military families & military members, both Regular and Reserve Force
- Medically released veterans and their family who are registered with the Veteran Family Program
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Facilitators Amy Doelman (PSP Health Promotion) and Kym Wolfe (SWO MFRC)
4:00-6:00 pm – Check in to hotel room
6:00-6:30 pm – Check in to meeting room, meet other families
6:30-8:30 pm – Inter-Comm Workshop
If staying overnight enjoy the amenities, visit the pub, or simply relax!
*If staying overnight, buffet breakfast is included with accommodations.
Please check out of your hotel room after breakfast!
8:45-9:00 am – Check in to meeting room, water provided, bring your own coffee/tea please!
9:00-3:45 pm – Inter-Comm Workshop (includes lunch)
Why: To improve communications in your daily relationships by learning:
- Causes of conflict, how conflict escalates, common conflict management styles, and what yours is!
- A collaborative communication model and how to use it to resolve issues
- Active and empathic listening skills
- All participants will receive a workbook and certificate upon completion
- HRMS code available to CAF members
Limited hotel rooms available – first come first served.
We cannot reserve your room until we receive your payment.
Please let us know when you register if you are requesting single or shared accommodation.
Please let us know if you require financial assistance with child care costs in order to participate.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR, HAMILTON SATELLITE OFFICE
SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO MILITARY FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE
COORDONNATEUR DE PROGRAMME, BUREAU SATELLITE DE HAMILTON
CENTRE DE RESSOURCES POUR LES FAMILLES DES MILITARES DU SUD-OUEST DE L’ONTARIO
If you have a Military Family emergency outside of Military Family Resource Centre office hours, please contact the Military Family Information Line at 1-800-866-4546.